Thursday, March 5, 2009

Unit4 pt2

Research Log
1. What is the main subject of your question?
-Well from the last blog you told me it would be much better to add carbon dioxide so I tried that to green house gases AND carbon dioxide.
2. What subject guide or guides did you use to identify the relevant databases for your question?
I choose i choose geo/enviornmental studies adn quick search.



1. Which database did you choose for your search?
I choose Science Direct for my search.

2. What terms did you enter to conduct your search?
I entered green house gases AND carbon dioxide.

3. How many results did you retrieve?
I got 100 results.

4. If there were more than about 100 results, how did you refine your search terms to narrow your results?
none

5. Once you got your results to around 100 (or fewer), how did you determine they were meaningful?
I determined them by searching through most adn seeing if they had any relationship to what i searched for which by far was a success.

6. Which article did you choose? Give the bibliographic information for that article (I must be able to access this article).
I choose "The carbon neutral free for all."
# Author –Joy MurrayCorresponding and Christopher Dey
# Title – The carbon neutral free for all
# Edition – Volume 3, Issue 2
# Place of Publication – Not Specified
# Publisher –Elsevier B.V.
# Date of Publication – March 2009

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B83WP-4T9BXS8-1&_user=521381&_coverDate=03%2F31%2F2009&_alid=878415398&_rdoc=6&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_cdi=33792&_sort=d&_st=4&_docanchor=&_ct=928&_acct=C000059560&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=521381&md5=430d9bbcbf79d46a93795d4455042e7d

7. How did you determine these articles were meaningful?
Because this came from the International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control journal.




1. Which database did you choose for your search?
I choose the database CQ Researcher Online.

2. What terms did you enter to conduct your search?
I entered green house gases AND carbon dioxide.

3. How many results did you retrieve?
i got 42 results.

4. If there were more than about 100 results, how did you refine your search terms to narrow your results?
none

5. Once you got your results to around 100 (or fewer), how did you determine they were meaningful?
these were meaningful because i was able to connect ideas with my subject.

6. Which article did you choose? Give the bibliographic information for that article (I must be able to access this article).
I choose the Global Warming Treaty
# Author –Mary Cooper
# Title – Global Warming Treaty
Should the U.S. do more to cut greenhouse gases?
# Edition – Not Specified
# Place of Publication – Not Specified
# Publisher –SAGE Publications.
# Date of Publication – January 26, 2001
http://library.cqpress.com/cqresearcher/document.php?id=cqresrre2001012600&type=hitlist&num=3

7. How did you determine these articles were meaningful?
This artical was meaningful because it shared information about GREEN HOUSE GASES AND CARBON DIOXIDE which was my exact search!

1 comment:

  1. First, thank you for reading my comments on your last blog posting. It's reassuring to know that the time I spend on writing them is worth the effort!

    These look good.

    ReplyDelete