1. What progress have you made this quarter in your information literacy growth?
- In my information literacy growth i really learned how to operate and use skills I've learned and applied it in this course. For example, I learned how to always check my blog, blackboard, wiki and the Master blog to keep all my assignments organized and well prepared. I learned how to really research and to search more effectively. I learned how to explore and evaluate the web by using different search engines and strategies to search effectively in the web. Also, i learned how to develop a certain topic I wanted to know more about. I used the topic to narrow my topic and make it broad as well. I used our library databases and searches and to look for a certain book or how to actually find it and its information in our own library. I learned a lot about citation and academic integrity which was very helpful. I've learned so much in this quarter that i am able to apply this to any kind of work or course.
2. What areas of weakness have you identified in your information literacy growth?
- I felt that I was weak in my topic development area only because I was confused on how to make my topic less broader and more narrower. I had to think much deeper, but it didn't really sink in like i wanted it too. I was still confused adn even till this day i still think about what i could of done to make it easier on my self as well as the assignment.
3. What steps will you take in the next three to six months to continue your growth in information literacy?
- I will actually apply all of these skills I have just learned to use in all my courses because i know i will be doing a lot of researching later and i will use the library more often then i think. I'm very happy that i didn't give up on this online class because that was my first thought, but i stuck with it and I've learned so much!
About Me
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Topic development is always a challenge for students sand I am constantly trying to find new ways to work with this issue. I think you'll find that you get practice in topic development in your other classes, particularly in your writing classes.
ReplyDeleteI think you've made good progress this quarter, too.