Research Log Entry
1)What question did you try and answer?
How can an Observational essay help me through life?
2)What terms did you select to begin?
-Observational essay
- help life
3)Web search engines used?
-Yahoo
-Google
4)Search techniques
a: Observational essays help life
b: I tried to use most of the terms i can to help me explain ma question or search for the answer for my question.
5)Evaluation
a: I evaluated my results by finding results that can prove how observational essays can help me through life.
b:Conclusions I had drawn were all the search engines gave me results on other peoples kind of essays on writing.
i. The results were mostly the same.
ii. The difference was the number of results that were given.
iii.the difference in the result was about 2,470,000-274,000= 2,196,000 more on Google
iv. etc
c:I believe the search engines behaved as they did because the terms i used and how much they can pull up as results.
6)Other question that came to mind?
Why is life so interesting to observe and are their any downfalls for it?
About Me
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
In point 2 above, did you try any of the techniques on the search engines wiki page, such as using "quotation marks" around a phrase such as "observational essay"? Here is one way you could have structured your search terms to give you more effective results:
ReplyDelete"observational essay" help life
I'm sure the results were similar, as you note, but there are differences, size being just one of them. I asked which search engines you used, but you only tell me Google and don't name the other two you tried, so I am not able to reproduce your results and see what's going on.
While you gave me a question (and it's one with which I agree--life IS interesting, isn't it?!), I was looking for a question about the exercise, not a new topic.